Tuesday, November 9, 2010

More wheelbarrows

I suggested in a previous post that the surreal images and anecdotes of hyper-inflation (particularly in early Twenties Germany) have a more powerful hold on the imagination than do the deceptively benign images of deflation.

Today I learned (via Media Matters by way of Krugman) that hyper-inflation warnings are showing up on Glenn Beck's show:
As I told you at the beginning I'm not an expert. I am not a guy to listen to for financial advice. I'm an American with an opinion. Period. I don't know that the Weimar republic isn't going to happen here. I don't know if it is going to happen here. But I will tell you this: Those same damn experts told me two years ago that the Fed wouldn't do what they did yesterday. those same damn experts told me four years ago the housing market was fine. When will these experts lose a little bit of credibility? When will we start listening to our own guts, and to common sense?

While on another Fox show the host is calling for a return to gold not only to back the dollar but as an alternative currency.

No comments:

Post a Comment